Friday, November 15, 2013

Remembrance Day Skiing


I was able to get out for my first ski of the season with my mom and two good friends. Our day started out with a trip to Laggans Mountain Bakery because all great ski adventures start with some yummy baked goods!

We proceeded to drive up to Moraine lake and found almost 60 cars parked along the highway. We came to a consensus decision that we would drive up the road for an extra 5 minutes and check out if the Great Divide ski trail was busy. Lucky for us there were only 5 other cars in the parking lot! The road we were skiing on used to be the old high way that went through the mountains! 

It was amazing day, but I have a little bit of post cross country skiing leg pain :)


Mom (left), Felicitas Polsterer (middle), Me (right)


Felicitas Polsterer (left), Mike Mutrie (middle), Mom (right)
  

Although I love summer and paddling on the river I also enjoy cross training with some aerobic cross-country skiing! I am really looking forward to the 2013/2014 ski season! 




No comments:

Post a Comment